Skip to main content

Advice and Counselling Service

Youth Mobility Scheme

This scheme allows nationals of certain countries to work in the UK for up to two years.

The scheme is available to nationals of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea and Taiwan, and to British Overseas Citizens, British Overseas Territories Citizens and British Nationals (Overseas).

You cannot switch into this immigration category from within the UK. Instead, you need to leave the UK and apply for entry clearance from your home country. You must be aged between 18 and 30, and you must have at least £2530 in your personal bank account for at least 28 consecutive days before you apply. 

See the UK government website for further details. 

Return to top