Skip to main content

Advice and Counselling Service

Graduate route (Post study work)

The Graduate Route is due to launch on 1 July 2021. It will allow students who have completed a Bachelor's or Master's degree to stay for up to two years to work at any skill level, or to look for work. Those who have completed a PhD will be granted permission for 3 years. 

You must have Tier 4 or Student immigration permission at the time of application in order to be eligible. You can only apply from inside the UK. 

You will need to undergo identity, security and criminality checks. 

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) has more detailed information, including money and fees, travelling in and outside the UK and starting work.

In Advice and Counselling, we can provide guidance based on the information on this page. We are planning to run online workshops about the process and requirements, once more detail has been released by the UK government. Details of the workshops will be published on this page once confirmed. If you require detailed one-to-one advice about your application, find out how to look for a regulated adviser under 'Other regulated immigration advisers' on our web page Further advice

Return to top