This is a 3 year accelerated version of the MBBS, for graduates of the BDS. We summarise the funding arrangements below. You can find detailed information about each element of funding described below in the advice guide ‘Funding for Medical and Dental Students’. In that guide you can also find information about additional sources of funding, such as university hardship funds.
For courses starting from September 2017:
In your first year at Queen Mary you can apply for:
• A Tuition Fee Loan from SFE (Student Finance England) for up to £5785. You are required to pay the remaining £3465 of your tuition fee
• A Maintenance Loan from SFE
• Any Supplementary Grants you are eligible for
• You will also be eligible for an income assessed Queen Mary Bursary
In years two and three at Queen Mary you can apply for:
• A Tuition Fee Loan from SFE (Student Finance England) for up to £5535
• An NHS Tuition Fee Grant of £3715
• A reduced rate Maintenance Loan from Student Finance England
• An NHS Grant for living costs
• An NHS Bursary for living costs.