Advice and Counselling Service

News menu

Are you not in contact with family? We offer specialist support to students who are care experienced or estranged, as well as students from a refugee background

4 September 2019

Prospective and current students without family contact may find it helpful to contact a Welfare Adviser for confidential advice to support you with practical aspects of being at university. For example, applying for Student Finance as an independent student, managing your money, options for accommodation, and any other practical support you would find useful. We have specific webpages which explain more about this support:

Care experienced students

Estranged students

Students with a refugee background



Return to top