Skip to main content

Advice and Counselling Service


If you are a parent or about to become one, you may be eligible for extra financial support depending on your circumstances. This page is for Home and EU students who are paying the Home/EU rate of tuition fee. This normally means EU/EEA/Swiss nationals who have Pre-Settled or Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme. You can check the eligibility rules for Home/EU fee status in our guidance

Although nationals of the EU/EEA or Switzerland with Pre-Settled or Settled status, may be eligible for some UK welfare benefits on the basis of having a dependent child or children, the rules for claiming are complicated. Please see the Welfare Benefits section of our Rights in the UK webpage for more information. 

Nationals of the EU/EEA and Switzerland who move to the UK from 1 January 2021 onwards with Student or Visitor Immigration permission will not be eligible for welfare benefits in the UK as their immigration permission will have a 'No Recourse to Public Funds' restriction. 



Return to top