We summarise the funding arrangements below for each year of the programme. The funding arrangements for this programme have changed for those starting after 1 August 2018. How you are funded will depend on when you started the course.
If you start the programme on or after 1 August 2018, in each year you can apply for:
- A Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance England
- A Maintenance Loan from Student Finance England
- Any Supplementary Grants you are eligible for
- You will also be eligible for the Queen Mary Bursary.
You can find detailed information about each element of funding described above in the advice guide 'Undergraduate Funding: 2016 onwards starters'
You may also be eligible to apply for the NHS Learning Support Fund which is made up of 3 different elements:
- Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses
Eligible students can apply for reimbursement of essential expenses incurred, over and above their normal daily travel costs, as a result of attending practice placements.
- Child Dependants Allowance
Eligible students with eligible child dependants can apply for a grant of £1000 per student, per academic year to ensure that you are able to continue to study and attend practice placements. This grant does not affect access to childcare support and other means of funding support available through the higher education support system or other sources.
- Exceptional Support Fund
Eligible students facing severe financial hardship, having exhausted all other available sources of funding can apply for additional funding. This is an income assessed non-repayable grant of up to £3000 per student per year. You must have exhausted all other available avenues of funding support, including the QMUL Financial Assistance Fund.
You apply online via the Learning Support Fund Application System.
If you started the programme before 1 August 2018, in each year you can apply for:
- An NHS Tuition Fee Grant to pay your tuition fees in full
- An NHS Grant for living costs of £1000
- An NHS Bursary for living costs
- A reduced rate Maintenance Loan from Student Finance England
- Any Additional Allowances you are eligible for
You can find detailed information about each element of funding described above in the advice guide ‘Funding for Medical and Dental Students’. In that guide you can also find information about additional sources of funding, such as university hardship funds.