Advice and Counselling Service

Money menu

EU/EEA Students

Advice about your rights in the UK

We understand that you may be feeling anxious about your situation in the UK following the decision to leave the EU. There is a range of advice available:

Funding your studies

The information in the Money section of the website is for students who pay the home/EU tuition fee - in the funding advice guides in the pages for either undergraduate or postgraduates you will see information specifically for EU/EEA students, for example about eligibility for UK government student finance.

If you are unsure whether you are liable for the home or overseas rate of tuition fee, see our guidance on this. There is also guidance about paying your tuition fees in both the undergraduate and postgraduate web pages. 

There is also useful information about the cost of living for students in London, and how to plan your own budget.

Funding and fees for 2018 and 2019 University entrants 

The UK government has confirmed that EU students starting in the 2018-19 and the 2019-20 academic years will be able to access UK government funding on the same basis as is available today, for the duration of their course. There is information about EU funding eligibility in our Undergraduate Funding advice guide.

It has also been confirmed that tuition fee levels for EU students who enter UK Higher Education in 2018 or 2019 will remain at the same level of that of UK students. In 2018 and 2019 the tuition fees for UK and EU students who enrol at Queen Mary University of London will be £9,250. For more information click here

EU nationals will also remain eligible to apply for Research Council PhD studentships at UK institutions for 2018 to 2019 to help cover costs for the duration of their study.

Living in the UK as a student 

You may also find some of our international webpages useful too, for information about how life in the UK may be different to your home country. You will find information on academic life in the UK, social and cultural life as well as information on accessing healthcare, personal safety and contacting home.

UKCISA (the UK Council for International Student Affairs) website has lots of information for EU/EEA students including:

If there is any information you need which you are unable to find, please contact us
Return to top