This page outlines all the resources you can use to help you make a Tier 4 (General) Student immigration application.
The rules and procedures cn be complex and the consequences of getting it wrong can be severe – you may not be able to continue with your studies – so we recommend that you put some time aside to go through this guidance carefully.
We suggest you use all of the resources alongside each other in order to make a successful immigration application:
- A written guide to making a Tier 4 application
- Video guides to help you make a successful Tier 4 application
- A specific guide to completing the online application form for applications outside the UK (this should be used alongside the videos and written guide)
- A guide to what to do if something goes wrong with your application
You can also read updates and articles on our International Advice Blog.
The Advice and Counselling Service has produced a series of video guides to help you make a successful immigration application - whether you are applying inside or outside the UK. The guides are arranged in playlists, depending on your circumstances. Click on the play-list icon (top left of the videos below) for a drop down menu of all the videos in the series.
Applying in the UK
Applying outside of the UK
Making an online application
Inside the UK
Please use this link to the UK Visas & Immigration Online Application
Please use this link for the Visa4UK Online Application (including applications for dependants). To begin, you will need to click on 'Apply now' - except North Korea*
Some of the wording used in the Visa4UK Online Application form can be confusing. You can find detailed explanations of some of these questions in this guide to the online form:
Please note, this guide only covers the online form. You should also read our guide Applying for Tier 4 (General) Student immigration permission and watch our video guidance as these contain lots of important information about making your immigration application.
*If you are applying from North Korea you will need to use the following application forms:
- UKCISA (the UK Council for International Student Affairs) web pages
- MySIS - request a CAS and access your student records