The Advice and Counselling Service is part of the network of support for International Students at Queen Mary. As well as the information and advice we offer to all students, we offer international students specific advice on money, immigration and other practical aspects of coming to live and study in the UK.
In this section we have prepared information for international students about:
Planning how to fund your studies, what extra funds and discounts are available.
Entry clearance and student visas, extending your stay in the UK
- Academic life and social life
What life is like as an international student at QM - practical information you need before leaving home. Events for international students at QM, International Students House and HOST, and information about health, safety, and other aspects of life in the UK
You can also read updates and articles on our International Advice Blog.
The Careers Service at Queen Mary also supports international students by offering:
- Help with choosing a career through discussions with careers advisers and computer-assisted guidance programmes
- Provide information and talks about different careers, employers and postgraduate study in the UK and overseas
- Advise on finding part-time work, work experience or internships
- Help with making applications, writing CVs and preparing for interviews
- Provide a part-time and full-time online job vacancy database
For information about your legal right to work in the UK as an international student, during and after your course, please choose the Immigration link above.
All quotes were provided by Queen Mary students as part of the International Student Barometer (ISB).
"I cannot imagine how Queen Mary could improve on their wonderful performance in welcoming us international students to the campus. The orientation meeting for international was critical. The move-in was smooth and I was directed exactly where I needed to go to reach my room."
"It was very well-organized, helped me encounter many people I now consider to be my friends."
"It was great, felt welcome!"
"I was very satisfied with the Orientation Programme for International Students, and found the different workshops well-organized, positive and helpful."
"The airport pick-up service was really awesome!"