Advice and Counselling Service

Advice and Counselling Service menu

Where can I get further information and assistance?

Where can I get further information and assistance?

If you have a question, which hasn’t been answered in this guide, you can contact the Advice and Counselling Service.

Information provided by the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)

UKCISA is an organisation funded by UK academic institutions to provide support and guidance to international students. UKICSA are not part of the Home Office and provide independent advice on a range of issues affecting international students including immigration.


UKCISA’s website contains lots of useful guidance and resources for international students including applying for immigration permission.

If you are applying for Short-Term Student immigration permission, there is information on the UKCISA website about the application process and the requirements.


Advice Line

You can telephone UKCISA for advice. UKCISA’s staff are experienced in advising students about the UK’s immigration regulations and can give you free advice by telephone.

We advise you to have all your documents with you when you telephone, so that you can refer to them.

The UKCISA advice line is open Monday to Friday, 1300 - 1600 hours (UK time): +44 20 7788 9214

For more information, see the UKCISA website.

Law, regulations and policies can change quickly. The information on our website is given in good faith and has been carefully checked but QMUL cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. QMUL is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites which are provided for further information.

Return to top