Advice and Counselling Service

Advice and Counselling Service menu

What to do if things go wrong with your immigration permission

What to do if things go wrong with your Student or Tier 4 immigration permission 

To use this guide you either click on the section headings on the right-hand side or go forward through the whole guide by clicking on the section headings at the bottom of each page.

If you would like to print the whole guide please click on ‘printer friendly version’ at the bottom of this page. If you want to print a section of this guide, go to the section and click on the ‘printer friendly version’ at the bottom of that page.

Regulation of Immigration Advice


The OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) is an independent organisation that monitors immigration advice and services. Welfare Advisers at Queen Mary University of London are regulated under OISC guidelines to give immigration advice and have to attend regular training to do this. If you ever need to complain about the immigration advice you receive, the Advice and Counselling Service has a complaints procedure. Alternatively, you can complain directly to the OISC. Their complaints form is on the website at

Law, regulations and policies can change quickly. The information on our website is given in good faith and has been carefully checked but QMUL cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. QMUL is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites which are provided for further information.

Return to top