Advice and Counselling Service

Advice and Counselling Service menu

Supporting documents for dependants

Supporting documents for dependants

Application fee

If your dependant is applying from overseas, the fee is currenty £335

If your dependant is extending or switching to PBS Dependant immigration permission in the UK, the fees are as follows:

Application typeTime for a decisionCost per person
Standard 8 weeks £475
Priority 10 days £952
Premium Same day £1,085

Evidence of relationship to student

Evidence of relationship to partner

  • If you are married or in a civil partnership, you should provide evidence of this, for example a marriage/civil partnership certificate.
  • If you are not married, you should provide evidence that you have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage for at least 2 years. Evidence of this could be:
    • documents showing joint commitments, (such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements, mortgage etc);
    • official records of your joint address (e.g. medical registration, utility bills, bank statements, letter from employer or educational institution)
  • Evidence that your relationship is subsisting if you are married/in a civil partnership and not living together (e.g. explanation of how you have keep in contact, phone records, a printed record of messages you have sent, photos of occasions when you have met)
  • It would also be a good idea to include an explanation of your relationship in a cover letter, including how you were matched and why it was considered a good match or how you met and the relationship developed.
  • Evidence of suitable accommodation for you and your dependants to live together, especially if you are already in the UK, for example a tenancy agreement. If the dependant is applying to join the student who is already in the UK, then a cover letter from the student with details of where you will live together can be used.

Evidence of relationship to child

  • Child's birth certificate or adoption certificate
  • Evidence that both parents will be in the UK with the child.

Evidence of status of student

If you have already started your course, you can request a certifcate of attendance from the Student Enquiry Centre. If you have not yet started studying, your dependant can submit a copy of your CAS statement.

Law, regulations and policies can change quickly. The information on our website is given in good faith and has been carefully checked but QMUL cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. QMUL is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites which are provided for further information.

Return to top