Advice and Counselling Service

Advice and Counselling Service menu

Joint bank accounts

Joint bank accounts

The Appendix Finance says that you can use a joint bank account to show evidence of your funds only if you are named on the account as an account holder. The only exception is where you are using a joint account in the name of your parents or legal guardians.

The evidence of funds held in the joint account must meet the requirements outlined in the Student and Child Student casework guidance (whether a bank statement, bank letter or other evidence).

If you use a joint account which does not name you as an account holder or is not a joint account in both of your parents' names, then there is a risk that your Student visa application will be refused.

Law, regulations and policies can change quickly. The information on our website is given in good faith and has been carefully checked but QMUL cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. QMUL is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites which are provided for further information.

Return to top