Advice and Counselling Service

Advice and Counselling Service menu

Where can I get help to complete my extenuating circumstances claim?

Where can I get advice about my extenuating circumstances claim?

  • You can contact your personal tutor, academic adviser or student support officer in your academic school. This is always advisable, so that your School is aware of your difficulties. You can find your student support officer details on the student supprot contacts page of the Queen Mary website. Your personal tutor or academic adviser is listed in your MySIS record.
  • The Academic Advice Service at Queen Mary Students’ Union provides independent and impartial advice on extenuating circumstances claims. You can also get independent advice about your rights and entitlements under the university’s regulations and procedures. 

Law, regulations and policies can change quickly. The information on our website is given in good faith and has been carefully checked but QMUL cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. QMUL is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites which are provided for further information.

Return to top