Discounts, reductions and exemptions
Although the focus of this guide is on sources of funding, postgraduate students can improve their financial circumstances by taking advantage of discounts, price reductions and exemptions from some payments and charges. Depending on your situation, you can possibly benefit from:
- Income tax refund if you earn less than your annual personal allowance
- 30% discount on Transport for London travelcards with the 18+ Student Oyster photocard
- NUS discounts in shops, restaurants and cinemas with the Totum card (the new name for the NUS Extra card).
- Help with health costs under the NHS low income scheme
- Discounts from money saving websites:
For more information see:
Law, regulations and policies can change quickly. The information on our website is given in good faith and has been carefully checked but QMUL cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. QMUL is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites which are provided for further information.