Advice and Counselling Service

Advice and Counselling Service menu

Arrival in the UK

Arrival in the UK

If you have been granted Tier 4 leave, you should carry the following documents in your hand luggage when you arrive in the UK:

  • Your completed landing card given to you during your flight (if you’re not from an EEA country)
  • A valid passport, with a visa or UK entry clearance (if applicable)
  • Your UKVI decision letter which confirms your leave granted and the visa vignette in your passport which is usually only valid for 30 days. 
  • Your travel ticket
  • Vaccination certificates, if required
  • An X-ray certificate, if required
  • A paper copy of your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
  • Documentary evidence that you have enough money to pay your tuition fees and accommodate yourself while you’re in the UK (recent bank statements, proof of scholarship or sponsor’s letter)
  • Qriginal qualifications listed on your CAS. 

Border Force Officers may ask you simple questions about your stay in the UK when you arrive at passport control. 

See 10 top tips from the UK Border Force [PDF 39KB] and also their guidance on travelling through the UK border.

Law, regulations and policies can change quickly. The information on our website is given in good faith and has been carefully checked but QMUL cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. QMUL is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites which are provided for further information.

Return to top