Advice and Counselling Service

EU/ EEA menu

Medical care, working and studying


We recommend that you register with a doctor (GP) as soon as you can after you arrive in the UK.

Detailed information for international and EU/EEA students on seeing a doctor, medical emergencies, other healthcare services, dentist and eye-sight is on Queen Mary University of London's Student Health web pages


We have written an advice guide about Part time and vacation work (how to look for a job, how much you can get paid, how to get a National Insurance number, will you pay Income Tax, can you work as an EEA national).


We have guidance on our website about studying at Queen Mary, including study support and changes to your studies. 

Return to top