The Covid-19 pandemic has been an unsettling and anxious period, and has inevitably had an impact on all of us in some way. And it’s important to recognise this is an ongoing situation. You may be having, or have had, a particularly difficult time during coronavirus, perhaps with the loss of a loved one, experiencing heightened mental and emotional difficulties, or feeling isolated from friends and family.
If you are struggling with the impact of the pandemic and need emotional support, then please do reach out. You can speak to one of our counsellors by using our contact us page.
You may also find it useful to access some of the resources we have included below:
- Visit and follow our Counselling Blog for posts exploring wellbeing including areas of university life that are impacted by the pandemic. Topics include: Looking after ourselves during a pandemic, How to stay motivated, Checking in on our emotional wellbeing.
- Student Space has a 24/7 text support service, and a phone service from 4-11pm specifically for those experiencing difficulties during coronavirus. There is also lots of resources on their website on topics related to coronavirus.
- TogetherAll is an anonymous online community, free to all Queen Mary students and staff, which you can access 24/7 for support
- Student Minds has resources for students during the Coronavirus outbreak. This includes guidance for international students, and student key workers.
- MIND has information on Coronavirus and your wellbeing.
- Psychology Tools Ltd published a Guide to Living with Worry and Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty (available to download as PDF in several languages).
- If you are looking for support with a bereavement, The Good Grief Trust offers advice, information and support about coping with bereavement during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- There are free guided meditations and mindfulness resources from Calm.
- The Queen Mary Student's Union has a 'Be kind to your mind' campaign with suggestions for looking after yourself during Covid-19.
- The Student Health Service at Queen Mary have FAQs on their website about their services and for students impacted by Covid-19. They also have a page called Covid-19 and your wellbeing.
- In addition, there are some useful resources, including free-to-use online programmes about all kinds of issues on our website.