Skip to main content

Advice and Counselling Service

Help in a crisis

This information has been updated in line with current guidance regarding coronavirus.

If you are in immediate danger of harming yourself or others, call 999. An ambulance may be called if appropriate, and they will advise whether you should go to A&E.

Otherwise, you can access urgent mental health support by:

  • Requesting an urgent appointment with your GP (GPs are offering video/phone consultations)
  • Contacting your local NHS Mental Health Crisis Number – enter the borough, county or town where you are currently living and ‘Mental Health Crisis Line’ into your search engine (see details for Tower Hamlets)
  • Calling Samaritans on 116 123 (24 hours, 365 days a year)

The Advice and Counselling Service is not able to offer emergency support in a mental health crisis. For this type of support, see Crisis Support Services below:

Return to top