Advice and Counselling Service

International menu

Arriving in the UK

  • If you have been granted Tier 4 immigration permission, check our useful information about entering the UK
  • You will need to collect your biometic residence permit (BRP) from the Post Office you have chosen within 10 days of arriving in the UK. 
  • Our Welcome Programme for new students offers sessions with vital information about settling into the UK and QMUL. There are also plenty of opportunities to meet other students. 
  • Options for contacting home after arrival. 
  • We recommend that you register with a doctor (GP) as soon as you can after you arrive in the UK. You can find instructions on how and where to register on the Student Health web pages
  • You may need to Register with the Police
Return to top