Read our dedicated webpage on immigration covid-19 / coronavirus
- If you have been granted Student immigration permission, check our useful information about entering the UK.
- You need to fill in the Passenger Locator Form up to 48 hours before arrival in the UK.
- You must self-isolate unless you are travelling from a country which is exempt from the requirement.
- If you have Student immigration permission (or a family member of such) and your immigration permission allows you to remain in the UK for more than six months and you applied for this permission while outside of the UK, you will need to collect your biometric residence permit (BRP) once you have entered the UK. You will need to collect this from the Post Office you have chosen within 10 days of arriving in the UK. If you have to self-isolate, you should collect it as soon as possible after you have finished the self-isolation. One you have collected your BRP card keep it somewhere safe at home. You do not normally need to carry it with you in the UK and if you lose it, it takes a long time to replace and it is expensive. You can buy a Totem card as evidence of your age to buy alcohol or cigarettes or enter pubs and clubs.
- Attend all induction activities arranged by your School and support services, to understand how you can get the best out of your studies.
- We recommend that you register with a doctor (GP) as soon as you can after you arrive in the UK. You can find instructions on how and where to register on the Student Health web pages.
- You may need to Register with the Police.