Many students who have had support from our Welfare Advisers or Counsellors tell us how it has helped them - here are some examples.
“I am very thankful to the welfare adviser and the Advice and Counselling team for the help provided over my 4 years at Queen Mary. It is probably the best service at Queen Mary from my personal point of view.”
“I am a shy person and English isn't my first language although they made me feel understood and helped me with my issue.”
'' My problem was dealt with and good advice given. Fast response. Welcoming and friendly adviser.''
“I couldn't have asked for a better or more professional counsellor. I am extremely satisfied with the help I received.”
“It can be really hard to have to divulge the history of your issues -especially when you've seen multiple counsellors over the years- but they are always very patient with you.”
“My response time was fantastic and the frontline staff were welcoming and calming. It was exactly what I needed.”
“It was amazing. I felt extremely comfortable discussing the issues I was facing and could not have gotten a better response from the team.”
“My expectations on how much could be done were low given the time frames I was facing but the team, and especially […….], went above and beyond and resolved the issue.”
“Very friendly and approachable.”
“Helpful from the moment I walked in! ”
Your feedback is important to us…
We welcome feedback from students. This helps us to review our services, and to make sure that we are offering you the support you need. There are a number of ways that you can tell us what you think:
Complete our online feedback survey - chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher!
All applicants and students who have received counselling or welfare advice from us are sent an email inviting them to complete our short online feedback survey. If you have had support from one of our counsellors or welfare advisers, look out for this email and complete the survey while your experience with us is fresh in your mind. We operate a draw three times a year (once each semester and once in the exam term) from completed responses to our survey, and each time one student will win a £50 Amazon voucher.
We review this feedback regularly, and use it to review our services. You can see a summary of previous feedback below.
Send us an email
You can email us via our website here. We are always pleased to hear what you think about us; this might be about our website, our frontline reception service, our self help materials…let us know your views.
Speak to one of our staff
If you prefer, have a chat with one of us; you can speak to us in person, or call us on 020 7882 8717.
From responses to our feedback survey so far in 2018/19 :
Initial contact, waiting times and website
- 93% of applicants / students rated their experience of their very first interaction with ACS (normally our Frontline Support and Guidance Team) as excellent or good
- 89% were very satisfied or satisfied with how soon they were able to get welfare advice / see a counsellor
- 71% rated the ACS website as excellent or good
Professionalism of specialist staff
- 96% strongly agreed/agreed that their Welfare Adviser / Counsellor was skilled and competent
- 98% strongly agreed/agreed that their Welfare Adviser / Counsellor was professional
- 90% strongly agreed/agreed that their Welfare Adviser / Counsellor was easy to talk to
- 97% strongly agreed/agreed that their Welfare Adviser / Counsellor was reliable and trustworthy
- 94% strongly agreed/agreed that overall, they were satisfied with their experience with their Welfare Adviser / Counsellor
Value and recommendation
- 95.5% would use ACS again if they needed to
- 98% would recommend ACS to a friend
- 65% said that seeing a Welfare Adviser / Counsellor has definitely or partly helped them to stay at Queen Mary University of London
- 62% said that seeing a Welfare Adviser / Counsellor has definitely or partly helped them to focus on their studies (49% who accessed Welfare Advice and 75% who accessed Counselling)
- 77% said that seeing a Welfare Adviser / Counsellor has definitely or partly improved their overall experience of university (68% who accessed Welfare Advice , 86% who accessed Counselling)
- 81% said that seeing a Welfare Adviser / Counsellor has definitely or partly improved their general sense of well-being / mental health (67% who accessed Welfare Advice, 96% who accessed Counselling)
- 68% said that seeing a Welfare Adviser / Counsellor has definitely or partly helped them to develop transferable skills (53% who accessed Welfare Advice, 82% who accessed Counselling)