Comments from students who have used our Service
“I am very thankful to the welfare adviser and the Advice and Counselling team for the help provided over my 4 years at Queen Mary. It is probably the best service at Queen Mary from my personal point of view.”
“I am a shy person and English isn't my first language although they made me feel understood and helped me with my issue.”
“I couldn't have asked for a better or more professional counsellor. I am extremely satisfied with the help I received.”
“It can be really hard to have to divulge the history of your issues -especially when you've seen multiple counsellors over the years- but they are always very patient with you.”
“My response time was fantastic and the frontline staff were welcoming and calming. It was exactly what I needed.”
“It was amazing. I felt extremely comfortable discussing the issues I was facing and could not have gotten a better response from the team.”
“My expectations on how much could be done were low given the time frames I was facing but the team, and especially […….], went above and beyond and resolved the issue.”
“Very friendly and approachable.”
“Helpful from the moment I walked in! Nothing to improve upon.”
Your feedback is important to us…
We welcome feedback from students. This helps us to review our services, and to make sure that we are offering you the support you need. There are a number of ways that you can tell us what you think:
Complete our online feedback survey - chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher!
All applicants and students who have received counselling or welfare advice from us are sent an email inviting them to complete our short online feedback survey. If you have had support from one of our counsellors or welfare advisers, look out for this email and complete the survey while your experience with us is fresh in your mind. We operate a draw three times a year (once each semester and once in the exam term) from completed responses to our survey, and each time one student will win a £50 Amazon voucher.
We review this feedback regularly, and use it to review our services. You can see a summary of previous feedback below.
Send us an email
You can email us via our website here. We are always pleased to hear what you think about us; this might be about our website, our frontline reception service, our self help materials…let us know your views.
Speak to one of our staff
If you prefer, have a chat with one of us; you can speak to us in person, or call us on 020 7882 8717.
Respondents to our feedback survey in 2016/17 (based on responses from Semester 1, 2 and 3) said:
- 95% rated their overall experience of the Advice and Counselling Service as excellent or good
- 88% were satisfied with the time they had to wait for an appointment for a counsellor or welfare adviser
- 83% rated the Advice and Counselling Service website excellent or good
- 85% said they would definitely use the Advice and Counselling Service again if they needed to
- 84% would recommend the Advice and Counselling Service to a friend
- 89% agreed that their counsellor or welfare adviser was skilled and competent, professional, easy to talk to, reliable and trustworthy.
- 90% felt that to some extent their experience at the Advice and Counselling Service had improved their overall experience of university
- 88% were satisfied or very satisfied with the service they received from their welfare adviser/counsellor